Anticipated Start Date:
Attach resume, transcript, development/fundraising philosophy
Click here for formal job announcement and instructions.
$17.00 – $19.60 per hour (based on education, experience, and knowledge)
15 – 30 hours per week (must be willing to work outside of normal working hours)
The Development Director will report to and work closely with the Executive Director to provide strategic leadership, planning, and implementation of all fundraising and development activities. The successful candidate will execute strategies to achieve organizational fundraising goals and maintain engagement of existing and potential sponsors in service and fundraising activities. This includes the development, leveraging, and diversifying of partnerships, key relationships, and Haddie’s Home current donor database; procurement of diverse and sustainable revenue; creation of marketing materials and social media campaigns; thinking strategically and practically to execute a results-oriented development plan that includes traditional and innovative strategies; and leading associated volunteer recruitment and training efforts. The ideal candidate will be an energetic and principled self-starter, have a strong passion for Haddie’s Home mission, and an ability to collaborate effectively with the Executive Director and Board of Directors.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create and execute a comprehensive annual development plan outlining Haddie’s vision and strategic plan for expanding existing programs and launching and maintaining new initiatives that generate continued growth exceeding each previous year’s success, as directed by the Board President, the Development Committee of the Board of Directors, and the Executive Director. The plan will incorporate an annual calendar of major fundraising activities to include, but not be limited to, annual giving, endowments, capital campaigns, special projects, direct mail solicitations, social events, and foundation, corporate and government fund sources.
- Cultivate and lead multi-stream revenue development through social media, networking, targeted calls, foundations, major gift solicitations, grassroots supports, and proposals to local and national donors including individuals, corporate, nonprofit, federal and state government organizations.
- Continuously assess and evaluate fundraising efficiency, community engagement, media coverage impact, and brand marketing accountability.
- Maintain accurate records and data to evaluate cost-effective profitability and public awareness of events, and provide periodic progress reports on the status of all fund development activities to the Finance Administrator, Executive Director, and Board of Directors.
- Develop a comprehensive planned-giving program. This plan is presented to the Executive Committee of the Board of Directors.
- Serve as development strategist for the Board of Directors and its Development Committee, including conducting Board fundraising activities and providing direction to the Chairman in major donor fundraising efforts.
- Develop fundraising training for Board Members and other volunteers as deemed necessary by the Board President and Executive Committee.
- Work with the Public Relations Committee, Development Committee, and the Executive Director to develop a public relations and advertising plan to initiate and meet aggressive fundraising goals.
- Responsible for all development reports to the Executive Director and reports to the Board of Directors as requested.
- Create office systems to support all development projects and operations as appropriate.
- Support and advise the Executive Director on all donor and gift solicitation and record-keeping, and execution of their development and membership activities.
- Oversee and collaborate with the Development Committee ensuring they have the necessary tools and training.
- Along with the Finance Administrator manage all gift acknowledgements and communications to donors, to ensure consistent audience identification, awareness, and messaging to existing and potential donors.
- Coordinate development research activities.
- Develop and maintain relationships with, and solicit, major individual, foundation and institutional donors, and ensure that all donors are kept up to date with Haddie’s activities and events.
- Organize a yearly donor appreciation event: Public Relations, Marketing, and Advertising.
- Manage and expand all strategies and activities for donor identification, cultivation, education, and on-going relations.
- Any other responsibilities that may be assigned by the Executive Director
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Non-profit management and Leadership, or related field
- 3 – 5 years of fundraising experience
- Budgeting and financial management experience
- Demonstrated success in growing and diversifying the donor bases, especially in identifying and cultivating new constituencies through targeted campaigns
- Proficiency in donor management software programs, working knowledge in Microsoft Office and Google Suite.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with sensitivity and finesse in stewardship of donor relationships, and an ability to build brand messaging that is tailored to diverse audiences and compelling and reflective of Haddie’s values and culture
- Goal oriented to initiate donor visits and fundraising communications to build external relationships and partnerships
- Strong history of creating and executive successful donor communication campaigns, foundations work, and events planning
- Intellectual quickness, curiosity, creativity, and resourcefulness.
- Ability to work collaboratively with integrity and professionalism.
- Flexible, positive leadership style with a desire to incorporate feedback to learn and grow
- Ability to manage in a climate of change and ambiguity
- Willingness and ability to work nonstandard hours when needed
- Must pass a background check and child abuse clearances
- Have an established connection within the Auburn/Opelika and surrounding communities.
- Must embrace Haddie’s vision and mission
- Exceptional interpersonal, organizational, and time management skills
- Goal Oriented
- Proven self-started, highly motivated and detailed oriented.
- Exceptional project management skills
- Good character, health and emotional stability.
- Regularly attends church.